💡 What We Do
We are a B2B Big Data and Business Intelligence software-as-a-service company operating in the new e-commerce reality, Marketplaces.
Our mission is to help brands and retailers thrive on Amazon and other Marketplaces with our Search Engine Marketing, Market Intelligence, and Business Analytics software that assists them in growing their sales and improving their margins.
Every day, our technology collects and analyzes trillions of data points on products, search queries, brands, sellers, sales, and advertising efforts. This trove of uniquely blended data can be leveraged to give our clients unparalleled business insights.
🌠 Product & Tech Approach
To give you a glimpse about how we approach product and tech, think of the following: data -a lot of it, team spirit, scalability, smart processes, automation, clear roadmap.
Our current stack includes technologies and tools such as .NET Core, Angular, Azure Services, SQL Server, Spark, Snowflake, Python, Github, Asana, Notion and many more.
For this role, you will be working hand-in-hand with our VP of Engineering, our CPO, and our CTO.
⌖🎯⌖ Your mission
- Help us ingest the tremendous amount of data from the platforms we're working on and make it available and useable for the team and our customers.
- Be a leader on all the data engineering questions company-wide.
- In the context of our ambitious roadmap for the next year (integrate 10+ new marketplaces), be proactive and identify future pain points and work with the team to provide solutions.
- Be a naming-master for the team. Because yes, we genuinely think an important part of the engineering job is to find the right name for the right data :)
💪 The skills and experiences we're looking for
For every checkbox you can thick below, add a point. If your total is above 15, you're the kind of battalion we want onboard - let's meet! If your total is above 20, holy #$^°#, we really, like really really should meet. And if your total is below 15 but you really think you can be a great asset to the team, show us why ;)
- [ ] Academic background in Computer Science, Engineering, Data or similar
- [ ] Collaborative work in a human-sized team
- [ ] A solid experience as a Data Engineer
- [ ] Good knowledge and experience in Software Engineering
- [ ] You know your way around distributed systems and data-processing engines (Spark)
- [ ] Expertise and insights about warehousing/data-lake concepts and associated technologies
- [ ] Experience in SQL Server or Snowflake
- [ ] Good understanding of the data generated from e-commerce marketplaces and their meaning/usefulness
- [ ] Ability to work in a Microsoft environment (Windows, C#, SSMS...), Linux knowledge is a plus.
- [ ] Scripting capabilities (PowerShell, Python, Azure CLI...)
- [ ] Good awareness about the e-commerce environment
- [ ] Fluent in English
- [ ] Autonomous and self-organized
- [ ] Healthy Passion: Keep up-to-date on advances in the field
- [ ] Ability to rapidly identify opportunities for improvement and provide creative solutions
- [ ] Comfortable with peer-working, reviews, etc.
- [ ] Agile problem solving: Understand the question behind the question and break down the problem into smaller, more easily solvable pieces
- [ ] Self-Starting Motivation: Experiment and explore; take risks, but stay persistent while facing roadblocks
- [ ] Hustle: you’re fearless about doing whatever it takes to get the job done, even if it means making mistakes along the way
- [ ] Highly energetic, self-motivated and results-driven person
- [ ] Empathic with customers & team pains