Healthcare communication is broken. We're fixing it with AI
We focus on Health Care Information Technology, Hospitals, Cloud Data Services, and Patient Management.
- Long-term focus: we're well-funded into the future and not going away anytime soon. We make money the old fashioned way - with paying customers (not ads or selling user data).
- Strong engineering values: we provide our engineers with a great degree of autonomy. We use continuous deployment and new code is pushed into production within minutes as soon as it gets checked in.
- Challenging technical problems: as a ground level member, you'll be building our platform to scale and facing problems you don't see in most other careers. You'll work on everything from designing robust APIs, low-level abstractions, distributed systems, and integrations with legacy technologies and data formats.
- Impact: engineers get to meet and interact with users often and the software they write changes the lives of thousands of patients, reducing inefficiencies in healthcare and enabling better care for everyone.
- Personal growth: we want everyone on our team to look back on this period in their lives and regard it as the time they grew the most and did the best work of their careers. We invest in learning and implementing best engineering practices, attending conferences, and letting people get their hands dirty all across the stack.
As a ground floor member of the company, you'll directly shape our engineering culture and direction. Oh, and of course, your work will impact the lives of thousands of patients!
What we're looking for
- 2+ years of experience
- Extraordinary software engineering talent
- You have a strong sense of ownership need minimal direction to accomplish your goals
- Experience building, testing, and benchmarking web applications and databases (we use Rails with Sidekiq, MySQL, Redis, and ElasticSearch)
- Strong production deployment experience using modern tools (we use Docker and Kubernetes) on cloud computing platforms (we use GCP and AWS)
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and/or React is a plus
- Passion for learning and always wanting to improve
- Excellent communication skills (you can explain technical ideas to a stranger in easy-to-understand language)
Our core web application runs on React/Redux, Rails, and MySQL. Outside of our web app, we have other core services written in Go, C#, Python, Ruby, and Node.js
All of our code is packaged into Docker containers and deployed onto Kubernetes!